What is a Bucket List?
All your life, you have followed a routine. First, it was school, then college, then work and family. Through all these years, you might have had some dreams and wishes but were unable to follow up on them because of a lack of time/funds.
A bucket list is a list of things you wish to do during your lifetime typically, but you can use it for any deadline. You can create a bucket list of “the things to do before you turn 60” and so on!
Benefits of Creating a Bucket List
Creating a bucket list not only is a way of realizing your dreams but also giving you something to look forward to. Here are some benefits of creating a bucket list:
- Sorting out your priorities – As you make a list of the things you want to do, you become more aware of the things that are close to your heart. You learn to prioritize and get rid of unimportant issues.
- Remembering your goals – There are many things that you might want to do during your lifetime. However, when the time comes, you might simply forget about them. Writing them down in a bucket list helps you remember those goals better. You can even make separate lists for short-term and long-term goals.
- Getting more ideas – Once you start writing down your goals, your creative juices start flowing. You can make new plans or improvise on the older ones to make your experiences outstanding.
- Creating memories – Creating a bucket list can be a fun activity in itself. You can write a short note about why you wish to do this activity. You can also visit this list in the future and refresh your memories about the plans that you have completed.
- Comparing lists – If your loved ones have their own lists as well, you can compare your lists with theirs and plan similar activities together. This will enhance your enjoyment and you can also get to add new things from their lists to yours.
What Can You Put in Your Bucket List?
There are a number of things you can include in your bucket list. These things can be big or small. They can be short-term or long-term plans as well. You can include things like:
- Taking a holiday to an exotic place
- Doing something that you have never tried before
- Undertaking an activity to overcome your fear
- Learning a new language or a skill
- Spending more time/staying more connected with your loved ones
- Taking time out for yourself
- Making new friends
- Taking up a new hobby
- Visiting your roots (your hometown)
This list is just an example of what you can include in your list. You can add as many things as you like.
Do you have your own bucket list ready? If not, what are you waiting for? Start listing the things you want to do and get set go! It is really worth it.
Share your bucket lists with us and do let us know what you think of this article.
Ask a question regarding Do You Have a Bucket List?